What we are looking for
The Coffee Hub Group are looking to appoint a reliable full-time Trainee Coffee Roaster to join our production team, based in Semley, Dorset.
The primary attributes to this role will be to develop skills in Coffee Roasting across our range of roasting equipment, whilst supporting the business roasting requirements.
This is a fundamental role within our business to effectively produce our core asset, Coffee.
Key Responsibilities: This role will be multi-disciplined and will include, but not be limited to, the following areas of responsibility:
- organising and maintaining the Roastery equipment
- creating & optimising roasting profiles together with our head roaster
- roasting coffees to perfection
- preparing & managing Green Beans and optimising Roasted Bean storage
To be successful in this role, you will need to work towards a role as a Roaster and be able to create profiles, implement and keep up with quality control. You must have a taste for coffee and a passion and interest to continuously improve our offering.
About the Role
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Learning to operate our roasting equipment
- Assisting with ordering green coffee inventory with preferred green bean supplier
- Optimising roasting profiles
- Assist with creating new recipes and blends of coffee when required
- Roasting and fulfilling coffee orders
- De-stoning roasted coffee
- Assist with bagging & sealing roasted coffee
- Sample roasting & cupping new coffees
- Clean, protect and maintain all equipment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Must be motivated, dependable, and detail-oriented
- Self-starter attitude, must be creative in staying productive
- Team spirited and flexible can-do attitude
- Excellent time management skills
- Assist the Coffee & Sales Development Manager with shop duties where required during busy periods & absence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff
- Willingness to go above and beyond expectations
Ultimately, you will make sure we offer fresh and delicious perfectly roasted coffee to our customers on a consistent basis.
This is an entry level position with the aim of building the skills and confidence to have a full-time roasting schedule.